If you already know where you are moving to:
1) In which compass direction is your move from where you are now? For North West, South East, North East or South West, allow a 60º pie-shaped sector for each. For the cardinal directions, North, South, East and West, allow a 30º pie-shaped sector or each.
2) What is your 9 Star Ki number? If you were born in the 1900’s:
· Add the last 2 digits of your year of birth (take the previous year if you were born before the 4th February).
· Reduce this number to a single digit (by adding them together if necessary), and subtract this number from 10.
· The result is your 9 Star Ki number.
e.g. born in 1965 9 Star Ki No. is 8
If you were born after the year 2000:
· Add all of the digits of your birth year together (take the previous year if you were born before the 4th February).
· Reduce this number to a single digit (by adding them together if necessary), and subtract this number from 11.
· This is your 9 Star Ki number.
e.g. born in 2002 9 Star Ki No. is 7
3) Are you moving “with the energy of the year” or “against the energy of the year” ? “With the energy of the year” = relatively easy. “Against the energy of the year” = challenging. This is useful to know so you can plan in advance, as unless you do spiritual practice every day, the trends operate for up to 1 year after your move. For couples, the person who has the best 9 Star Ki number for the move should make all the decisions surrounding it. This way, their partner travels in their wake and benefits from their positive direction. NB This is not about who pays for the move!
This year 2022, if you are moving somewhere that is for your heart’s desire, then you can move in any direction and the results will be positive. After the 4th February 2023, moving within a 30º pie-shaped sector North, or a 60º pieshaped sector North West or South East is a move “against the energy of the year” for everyone. The counter-measures are to do spiritual practice for up to 30 minutes a day (or spend
this time alone in nature if you are an aetheist), and to feng shui your new home once you are there.
4) Picking a date and time for the move I strongly suggest you check on the internet as to whether the Moon will be Void of Course on the day of your move. Things are likely to go more smoothly if you can at least avoid starting the move during a Void of
Course Moon period. A Void of Course Moon is very good for creative endeavours. However, things are unlikely to go according to plan during these times which occur every few days. Less than ideal for a home or office move!
If you can choose your new destination:
5)Once you know your 9 Star Ki number, you can use the information in “Moving the Feng Shui Way” to pick a positive direction for your move. All of this information is about being prepared so you can have the best experience possible, both during and after one of the more stressful events that we participate in as human beings.